Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Is your fig tree overburdened? Try this delicious treat! This must stand 12 to 24 hours before canning.
- Peel figs.
- (If unpeeled are preferred, pour boiling water over figs and let stand until cool; drain.) Add 3 cups sugar to water and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Add figs and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
- Add 2 cups sugar and vinegar.
- Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag; add to figs.
- Cook gently until figs are clear.
- Cover and let stand 12-24 hours in a cool place.
- Remove spice bag.
- Bring to simmer; pack hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4" head space.
- Remove air bubbles.
- Adjust caps.
- Process pints and quarts 15 minutes in boiling water bath.