1 hr 20 mins
Is your fig tree overburdened? Try this delicious treat! This must stand 12 to 24 hours before canning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel figs.
- 2(If unpeeled are preferred, pour boiling water over figs and let stand until cool; drain.) Add 3 cups sugar to water and cook until sugar dissolves.
- 3Add figs and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
- 4Add 2 cups sugar and vinegar.
- 5Tie spices in a cheesecloth bag; add to figs.
- 6Cook gently until figs are clear.
- 7Cover and let stand 12-24 hours in a cool place.
- 8Remove spice bag.
- 9Bring to simmer; pack hot into hot jars, leaving 1/4" head space.
- 10Remove air bubbles.
- 11Adjust caps.
- 12Process pints and quarts 15 minutes in boiling water bath.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Fig Pickles
Serving Size: 1 (3625 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.4
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 124.8 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: