Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This fig preserve.. With it's deep, sophisticated flavor .. Is perfect for any time of the year.
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup dried mission figs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried golden raisin, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried pears, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- In a small pot over medium- low heat, combine water, figs, raisins, pears, and salt.
- cook until reduced to a jam consistency (~20-30 minutes).
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice and brown rice syrup and cook 3-4 minutes longer.
- use an immersion blender . Or a few pulses in your food processor . To make a thick paste-like spread.