Recipe by truebrit
A traditional English recipe. Use either new, small peas, or small frozen peas. This is wonderful served as part of an English Sunday roast dinner! Another gem from Great British Cooking.
Top Review by Jewelies
This is exactally how Mum used to cook her peas! Yum! Since I was boiling potatoes on the stove top (and to save an extra pot) I placed my peas into tin foil, added fresh mint then folded up the tin foil and sat it on top of the potatoes. Once heated through I followed truebrit's recipe exactally. Thanks!
- 1 lb tiny peas
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook peas in a small amount of boiling, salted water, until tender (if using frozen peas, follow package instructions).
- Drain, and set aside.
- In another saucepan, heat the butter, and add the peas, mint and sugar.
- Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, tossing to mix.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.