Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A decadent cherry dessert!
Make and share this Sweet Dreams Crunch Cherry Dump Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Spread filling in lightly greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Beat cake mix and butter in mixer bowl until well mixed.
- Crumble over pie filling and juice mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
I love dump cake for it's simplicity.We used to make it at camp in a dutch over over a fire, with just the cake mix and pie filling. I loved the addition of the butter to create a crispier top on this recipe! However... I did not get that crispy top. I baked it for almost 1.5 hours and it still did not brown or crisp! Am I missing something??
Have been making for years, exactly like you have it posted! Sometimes I'll put can of strained crush pineapple. Anyway, I just made it for Easter dinner, and it was a hit like always. Thanks for posting!!
I love this recipe! I've made it a bunch of times and it's SO easy. It's a good one to take to a potluck and is always a favorite. I sometimes add chopped walnuts to the cake mix and serve along side of french vanilla ice cream.