Recipe by Recipe Junkie
A decadent cherry dessert!
Top Review by MCGB44
I love dump cake for it's simplicity.We used to make it at camp in a dutch over over a fire, with just the cake mix and pie filling. I loved the addition of the butter to create a crispier top on this recipe! However... I did not get that crispy top. I baked it for almost 1.5 hours and it still did not brown or crisp! Am I missing something??
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- lemon juice
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread filling in lightly greased 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Beat cake mix and butter in mixer bowl until well mixed.
- Crumble over pie filling and juice mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.