- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate morsels
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehaet oven to 350°F Beat egg whites ( at room temp) and cream of tartar at high speed with an electric mixer 1 minute. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar dissolves ( about 2-4 minutes).Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by teaspoons onto cookie sheets lined with aluminum foil. Place in oven, and immediately turn off heat. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR FOR AT LEAST 8 HOURS. Carefully peel cookies from foil.