Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I've been making these cookies for many years. The recipe originally comes from the Foothill House B&B but I found it in a community cookbook. Refrigerating time is not included in the prep or cook time.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 354.88 ml firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 591.47 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml salt
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- Cream together butter and brown sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Blend into butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Break off small pieces of dough; roll between palms into 1-inch rounds. Dredge rounds in powdered sugar.
- Arrange rounds on prepared sheets, spacing at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes on sheets. Transfer to racks and cool.
- Store in airtight container.