Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I've been making these cookies for many years. The recipe originally comes from the Foothill House B&B but I found it in a community cookbook. Refrigerating time is not included in the prep or cook time.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and brown sugar; beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt. Blend into butter mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Break off small pieces of dough; roll between palms into 1-inch rounds. Dredge rounds in powdered sugar.
- Arrange rounds on prepared sheets, spacing at least 2-inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes on sheets. Transfer to racks and cool.
- Store in airtight container.