1/4 Photos of Sweet Dough for Rolls
1 hr 30 mins
Came across this recipe in one of my Grandmothers old recipe books. It makes one of the softest, yet not sticky doughs I have ever worked with. This is THE ONLY dough I will use for my cinnamon rolls, and fruit rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften yeast in water in large bowl.
- 2Add milk, margerine, eggs and sugar.
- 3Stir in 1/2 of flour.
- 4Add salt to second half of flour and stir well.
- 5Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead till smooth, using flour as needed, but sparingly as dough needs to stay soft.
- 6Let rise till double in a warm place (I often put my bowl in a sink of hot water if Im in a hurry).
- 7shape as desired, or makes 18 cinnamon rolls.
- 8Bake 350 till golden or desired brown-ness.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Dough for Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1554 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.5
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 281.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g