Recipe by Oster71
You can use this recipe for cinnamon buns or for regular buns. I cut back the sugar when used for regular buns.
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix hot water and margarine in a large bowl.
- Mix lukewarm water, 1 tsp sugar and yeast in bowl. Let sit until yeast begins to foam.
- Add remaining ingredients except 4 cups flour to bowl containing hot water and margarine. Add yeast mix and stir. Add remaining flour until dough is not sticky. (you may need more or less) Use dough attachment on low speed 2 minute Add 2 tbsp oil and coat dough. Cover and let rise.
- Bake @ 400 for 12-15 minutes.
- ***you can substitute some of the flour for whole wheat or multigrain, I usually do 1/2 ww or multi with 1/2 white.