Recipe by Ingen
This is a recipe that my family uses around the Holidays. Every Christmas Eve my Dad uses it to make rolls which we spread with a delicious crab mixture. You can also use this recipe to make a loaf. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup canned milk
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup warm water (to dissolve yeast)
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix milk and water then stir in sugar, salt, butter.
- Mix both packages of yeast in 1/3 cup warm water until yeast dissolves.
- Add yeast to milk mixture.
- Add 3 eggs and 3 cups of the flour to the rest of the ingrediants with a spoon.
- Add 2 remaining cups of flour and mix together with hands.
- Knead for 7 - 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in a bowl and place bowl in oven. TURN OFF OVEN and prop the oven door open (I use my rolling pin to do this) and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from oven, punch down and shape into rolls.
- Return dough to oven to rise for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Remove rolls from oven and preheat oven to 300.
- Bakes rolls for 15 minutes.