Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A type of bread and butter pickles my mother makes for family get-togethers, for special requests, and for small Christmas gifts. Everyone seems to love them and she says they are so easy to make.
- 46 ounces of any kind dill pickles
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 buds garlic
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- Pour juice off pickles, slice (not too thin) and return pickles to jar. Add sliced garlic.
- Boil sugar, vinegar and allspice until mixture comes to a full boil. Pour hot syrup over pickles.
- Let pickles sit on shelf 3 days - then refrigerate for use.