Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Most people love dill picked okra, but my husband loves sweet dill pickled okra, so I spent many hours hunting this recipe last year. It turned out real well, according to the people who have eaten it. I personally don't care for pickled okra, but for those of you who do, this recipe puts a new twist on it.
- Pack washed okra in 6 pint jars.
- Divide garlic, celery seed, hot pepper and dill seed between the jars.
- Combine salt, sugar, water and vinegar in large saucepan; bring to boiling and pour into jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Seal jars and place in hot water bath (water to cover jars) for 7 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Well, this is just delicious! Love the slightly sweet taste and the okra is firm, not mushy! I will be making this again soon! Great way to fix 0kra!
This is the best pickled okra ever! I had an abundance of okra and jalapeno peppers from my garden this year and this is the perfect recipe. I did have a hard time finding dill seed in the grocery stores, so I went online to pure and natural spices and order a large jar of dill seed and celery seed. Thanks for the great recipe.
I love pickled okra but with prices going up on food, I think I'll try making my own this year. I'll probably add more garlic and leave out the hot peppers though. This looks close to what I saw my aunts do when I was a kid.