Most people love dill picked okra, but my husband loves sweet dill pickled okra, so I spent many hours hunting this recipe last year. It turned out real well, according to the people who have eaten it. I personally don't care for pickled okra, but for those of you who do, this recipe puts a new twist on it.
- Pack washed okra in 6 pint jars.
- Divide garlic, celery seed, hot pepper and dill seed between the jars.
- Combine salt, sugar, water and vinegar in large saucepan; bring to boiling and pour into jars to within 1/2 inch of top.
- Seal jars and place in hot water bath (water to cover jars) for 7 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack to cool.