Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are similar to "lara bar" type products, using all raw ingredients. I can't have almonds, so I need to make my own.
- 2 dates
- 1 tablespoon Rice Krispies
- 1 tablespoon Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 tablespoon corn flakes, crushed
- Split open the dates and remove all the inside parts. This will be sticky! Remove them to a bowl, scraping the skin to get as much of it as you can.
- Pour the cereal on top of it, and use the back of the spoon to crush the cereal as you mix it together with the dates. Note: feel free to vary the cereals used. You could do it with all one type, or mix them up. I like using Vector instead of corn flakes because Vector has protein in it.
- When ingredients are well-combined, wet hands and crush the mass some more. Split into four equal portions and form each one into a ball. Chill for at least one hour.
- These pack great in lunches!