Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fresh Strawberry Soup is served chilled with Creme Fraiche. Muscat Wine infuses flavor into the soup.
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 pints fresh strawberries (Sliced in Half)
- 3 cups muscat wine (Split)
- 1⁄2 cup fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh edible flower
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rose petals
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creme fraiche (Divided)
- Place cloves, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, bay leaves in cheesecloth and tie with string to form a Sachet.
- In a 5-quart soup pot melt butter, add sliced strawberries and simmer 4-5 minutes stirring.
- Add 1 cup Muscat wine, fine sugar, orange zest, lemon zest and Sachet. Whisk soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add Muscat wine, water, bring soup to a full boil and reduce to simmer for 20-minutes or until the soup has thicked.
- Remove soup from heat and discard Sachet. Add mint leaves, edible flowers,rose petals and wisk the soup. Let soup stand for 10-minutes.
- Puree soup with a hand blender and strain with a chinois or fine sive. Adjust seasoning to taste with ground cinnamon.
- Chill soup several hours before serving. Serve soup in chilled bowls.
- Garnish: Sliced Fresh Strawberries and Creme Fraiche.
- Chef's Note: You can use any Muscat Wine.