1/1 Photo of Sweet Cyndee's Fresh Strawberry Soup
Chef #848413's Note:
Fresh Strawberry Soup is served chilled with Creme Fraiche. Muscat Wine infuses flavor into the soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 6 pints fresh strawberries (Sliced in Half)
- 3 cups muscat wine (Split)
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh edible flower
- 1/4 cup fresh rose petals
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup creme fraiche (Divided)
- 1Place cloves, vanilla bean, cinnamon stick, bay leaves in cheesecloth and tie with string to form a Sachet.
- 2In a 5-quart soup pot melt butter, add sliced strawberries and simmer 4-5 minutes stirring.
- 3Add 1 cup Muscat wine, fine sugar, orange zest, lemon zest and Sachet. Whisk soup and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add Muscat wine, water, bring soup to a full boil and reduce to simmer for 20-minutes or until the soup has thicked.
- 5Remove soup from heat and discard Sachet. Add mint leaves, edible flowers,rose petals and wisk the soup. Let soup stand for 10-minutes.
- 6Puree soup with a hand blender and strain with a chinois or fine sive. Adjust seasoning to taste with ground cinnamon.
- 7Chill soup several hours before serving. Serve soup in chilled bowls.
- 8Garnish: Sliced Fresh Strawberries and Creme Fraiche.
- 9Chef's Note: You can use any Muscat Wine.
Browse Our Top Strawberry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Strawberry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cyndee's Fresh Strawberry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (621 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.8
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 23.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh rose petals