Recipe by grumblebee
A delicious, crunchy and refreshing cucumber salad sandwich. With all the flavours of curry but without the heat, the slightly sweet curry flavour is always a hit. Feel free to add in extras such as onion, alfalfa sprouts or celery, but i like it just as is!
Top Review by Starrynews
Very unique. We really enjoyed the sweet curry idea and will certainly experiment with it some more in the future. I'll probably add other things like onions and such to experiment with the cucumber salad next time. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 seedless long English cucumbers
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- softened butter
- sliced bread
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop cucumber into a small dice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, wisk together mayonnaise, curry powder, lemon juice, honey and turmeric. (The turmeric is optional but adds a nice, bright colour) Adjust seasonings according to taste, adding more honey or curry powder as required. Add in the cucumber and stir until combined.
- Spread butter on sliced bread, spoon on the curried cucumber filling and top with another slice of bread.