Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
The sweetness of brown sugar and honey collide with the smokey flavor of curry and the tang of soy sauce to make the most incredible, moist chicken you'll ever eat. I got this recipe from a friend and just recently tried it out on my boyfriend. (With modesty), I'll say it was fantastic! When I made this, I only used two chicken breast but used the same amount of sauce that is called for here. We love sauce, and there was still a little too much. I think this amount of sauce would be great for 4 breasts. Also, I'm sure the amount of butter can be adjusted with no real effect on the taste. This is my first posting, so I hope you enjoy!! O.K. This is an update. It seems as if the mediocre reviews are mostly due to the sweetness. I'll admit, it's very sweet. You can try to make it without the brown sugar, or maybe halving it like another reviewer suggested. (I wouldn't change the honey thought, you need that to get the right sauce consistency.) Next time I make it, I will try the same. Hope this helps!
- Cut the chicken into strips or chunks ( I did 1 inch strips then cut them in half).
- Mix flour, salt, and cayenne in a big ziploc bag, add chicken and toss until fully coated.
- Melt half of the butter and spread it in a 13 by 9 casserole dish.
- Add chicken and coat with the butter as much as you can.
- Cook, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- While it cooks, mix the brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, curry, and remaining butter with a whisk.
- After it cooks for 20 minutes, take it out and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook an additional 30 minutes (uncovered).
I agree this is a really good recipe not only is good made with chicken breast it is awsome on center cut pork chops I made it for dinner and the family love it I used three nice size center cut pork chops and follow the directions I had some sauce left over which was ok. very good recipe very good!
The flavor is wonderful! It does have way too much butter though. I used half the amount this time, and I believe I'll still cut down on it. I used 1/4 cup brown sugar as other reviewers suggested, and agree you don't need any more, maybe less... I wouldn't cut it out altogether though because it adds great flavor. I'm going to tweak the recipe a few places... but it is a definitely a keeper. Thank you, JennyLynn99!
This is fabulous, it really is. I took note of previous reviews and cut back on the brown sugar, I used about 1/4 cup, maybe less, otherwise, according to recipe. The chicken is marvellous, moist and tender, and the sauce is a good blend of sweet and spicy, with very good texture, coating, but ample for the dish. I served this with couscous, and we all loved it, I will make this again. Made for PAC Spring 2009