Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sounds interesting and easy, from an old Woman's Day magazine.
- 750 g thick beef sausages
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml sweet paprika
- 2.46 ml garam masala
- 118.29 ml sultana
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- Cook sausages till browned all over and cooked through in frypan.
- Drain on paper towel and cut into thin slices.
- Discard all but 1 tblsp liquid from frypan and add onion and garlic.
- Cook till onion is soft.
- Add spices, stir till fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients including sausages.
- Cook gently till apples are tender.
Retro with a modern twist. Enjoyed by my family and all gave 5 stars. A good budget friendly recipe. I remember my mum making curried sausages in the 70's, as does my husband. The apples, sultanas and coconut milk made this dish a sweet success. The curry was very mild. Photo also to be posted. Made for the Aus-NZ FOrum recipe swap Janu 2011