Recipe by Sandra Williamson
A sweet curry that even the kids love with a rich fruity sauce, best with rice or mashed potatoes to soak the sauce up.
Top Review by karen.cooper1977
This was absolutely delicious- such lovely winter comfort food! The house was filled with the fantastic smell, and more importantly it was quick and easy!! Will be on the menu again that's for sure!
- 6 -8 lamb chops
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 onions, peeled & sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons fruit chutney
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan, add chops, brown well on both sides (I always well cook the chops at this stage).
- Arrange browned/cooked chops in a single layer in an oven-proof dish.
- Add onions to remaining pan drippings, cook 1-2 minutes, remove from pan, and put on top of chops.
- Place flour, sugar, curry, mustard and ginger in saucepan, mix well.
- Add vinegar, blend until smooth.
- Add water, tomato sauce and chutney, stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour thickened sauce over the chops and onions, cover.
- Bake in moderate oven for 1.5-2 hours or until chops are tender.
- Stir in chopped parsley (To save time you can microwave the whole lot at this stage until the chops are tender, also cooking the chops well at the beginning will also save time).