Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe for the Sunday paper, made it tonight and it is AWESOME. It's got a little heat with the sweet! I served it with plain tortilla chips. The original recipe suggested serving w/crab cakes. I suppose any seafood will rock with this accompanying it. Recipe courtesy of Chef Scott Uehlein, Canyon Ranch in Western Massachusetts.
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced
- 2 tablespoons chives, fresh and chopped
- 2 teaspoons red onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons red peppers, roasted and diced
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 small jalapeno, minced (to taste)
- pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients; refrigerate until needed.
- I seeded the cuke.
- I would suggest using it within the hour, It will get watery.
- Recipe can easily be doubled (one full cuke) or tripled tomake a bowl full.