Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Everyone who tastes this asks for the recipe. It is super easy to put together and just gets better after sitting in the fridge. I now make it with 1/2 fat mayo and it is just as good. You will love it, I promise!
- 1 long seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, Chopped small
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- salt & pepper
- Peel down the length of the cucumber leaving part of the skin on, so that it looks like it is striped.
- Chop cucumber into whatever size cubes you like.
- Chop red onion a little smalled than cucumber.
- Mix sauce ingredients together. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour over cucumber and onion. Give it a good stir.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours (if you can wait that long).
This is good. I liked it much better the second day!! I found it made too much sauce also. I might make it again.
I loved how simple this was to make & even better? My family liked it too! I didn't expect them to do more than try it but in the end everyone really enjoyed these fresh, crisp flavors. I scaled down the sauce a little bit, to 3/4 cup mayo & about 1/3 cup of sugar. I forgot to scale down the vinegar, so it's a little soupy, but delish anyway! Thanks for sharing, Baknpies! You've been adopted during Spring 2010 Pick A Chef! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0