Recipe by Kizzikate
Here's one I've yet to try- from "At Home in the Kitchen" by Jorg Morgan. Her recipes are usually grand!! Prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by Baby Kato
We enjoyed this light and refreshing salad & dressing Kizzikate. What a wonderful way to use the fresh tarragon in my garden. The flavour of the dressing was lovely, semi sweet and slightly tart with a hint of licorice. I used a small vidalia onion and was very pleased with its addition to the salad, I really enjoyed the way it complimented the fresh mandarin oranges and english cucumbers that I used. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced into very thin rounds (app. 2 cups)
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced into very thin rings (app. 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumbers, oranges, and onion rings.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and vinegar until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the cucumber salad. Toss well.
- Add chopped tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill 1 hour before serving.