Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great for a party or for individual noshing!
- 2 eggs, whites only,at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lb shelled walnuts (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled pecans (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled cashews (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled peanuts (or a mixture of your choice)
- Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Have a 15-1/2 X 10-1/2 inch jelly roll pan ready.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until whites are stiff and glossy.
- Stir in butter; add nuts and toss to coat well.
- Spread in ungreased pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until meringue is dry, stirring every 15 minutes to separate nuts.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 2 months.
- (If they last that long!).
I've been trying many nut recipes, in hopes of finding one I can place in jars and give as small gifts during the holidays. This one is the winner! It is pure sweetness and not all spicy, like the others. Thanks for posting!
These were very easy to make and they were tasty too. The nuts were a little soft after baking but the flavor was great. I will use an old cookie sheet the next time I make these, my pan was really hard to clean. Oh, I used peanuts - my favorite! Thanks Mirj! They were (past tense, all gone now) a tasty treat.
Delicious -- made as a treat for a business trip hubby was making and he really enjoyed them. Used all walnuts -- but next time will mix it up! Thanks for the recipe! Dianne