1 hr 10 mins
Great for a party or for individual noshing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs, whites only,at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lb shelled walnuts (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled pecans (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled cashews (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled peanuts (or a mixture of your choice)
- 1Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2Have a 15-1/2 X 10-1/2 inch jelly roll pan ready.
- 3Beat egg whites in a large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- 4Gradually add sugar, beating until whites are stiff and glossy.
- 5Stir in butter; add nuts and toss to coat well.
- 6Spread in ungreased pan.
- 7Bake 1 hour or until meringue is dry, stirring every 15 minutes to separate nuts.
- 8Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- 9Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 2 months.
- 10(If they last that long!).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Crunchy Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.7
- Calories from Fat 395
- Total Fat 43.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.1 mg
- Sodium 70.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g