Recipe by Mirj
Great for a party or for individual noshing!
Top Review by Rhonda003
I've been trying many nut recipes, in hopes of finding one I can place in jars and give as small gifts during the holidays. This one is the winner! It is pure sweetness and not all spicy, like the others. Thanks for posting!
- 2 eggs, whites only,at room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 lb shelled walnuts (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled pecans (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled cashews (or a mixture of your choice) or 1 lb shelled peanuts (or a mixture of your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- Have a 15-1/2 X 10-1/2 inch jelly roll pan ready.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form when beaters are lifted.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until whites are stiff and glossy.
- Stir in butter; add nuts and toss to coat well.
- Spread in ungreased pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until meringue is dry, stirring every 15 minutes to separate nuts.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature up to 2 months.
- (If they last that long!).