Recipe by Tsmith70
I love good coleslaw. This is one of my favorites.
Top Review by Deborah1
This is excellent. I added 1/2 of a medium onion, finely chopped to mine as my family has always been partial to onion in any coleslaw. Wickedly good!! Also, I use preshredded cabage and carrot mix so for a 1 lb bags this is an ample amount of dressing. Thanks for posting!!
- 1⁄2 head cabbage (sliced very thin)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 3⁄4 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon pickle juice (I prefer Claussen)
Directions See How It's Made
- First, slice cabbage very thin and fine. Think of Angel hair cole slaw, that's what it should look like.
- In a separate bowl, add all your other ingredients(except salt) and mix them up thoroughly.
- Finally, combine cabbage with sauce.
- Then, salt to taste.(Remember, just a little at a time, till you get it where you like it).