Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Homemade Butter in minutes
Make and share this Sweet Creamy Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Fill Jar no more than 1/2 full with heavy cream, add salt if desired.
- Screw cap on tight and shake. After a few minutes will turn to a whipped cream. Keep shaking and all of a sudden it will loosen up again and you will hear the butter hitting the jar and hear the separated buttermilk liquid.
- Stop shaking and drain (I like to do this into a cup for drinking)
- Spoon out butter in to bowl and use now or store or put into a mold(it gets hard when cold).
- tip- I found if the cream gets so whipped it is hard to shake from the sides a tablespoon of warm water added will loosen it up and speed up shaking time.
- We Stir in some maple syrup and use on pancakes.
I also made 1/2 the recipe, but next time I will do the entire thing. Good thing I had my son home to help with the shaking, as it does take some time! Definitely fun for children. Made for fall PAC 2011.
This was so easy! I wish that my photos did the final product justice. One is the butter ball that formed at the end and the other is after I pressed it into a butter dish and put it in the refrigerator. Took about 10 minutes from start to finish. (Good upper body exercise, too :) ) Had to use the warm water tip at one point. I did only half the recipe because I had about 1/2 pint of heavy whipping cream to use up. Thanks winging it for posting. Made for PAC Fall 2011.