Homemade Butter in minutes
Make and share this Sweet Creamy Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Fill Jar no more than 1/2 full with heavy cream, add salt if desired.
- Screw cap on tight and shake. After a few minutes will turn to a whipped cream. Keep shaking and all of a sudden it will loosen up again and you will hear the butter hitting the jar and hear the separated buttermilk liquid.
- Stop shaking and drain (I like to do this into a cup for drinking)
- Spoon out butter in to bowl and use now or store or put into a mold(it gets hard when cold).
- tip- I found if the cream gets so whipped it is hard to shake from the sides a tablespoon of warm water added will loosen it up and speed up shaking time.
- We Stir in some maple syrup and use on pancakes.