This is a fabulous baked rice pudding, it can be doubled and use all full-fat milk if desired. To achieve the best results only use aborio or any short grain white rice, and bake a low temperature oven.
- Set oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter a baking dish with a lid, large enough to hold the mixture (I use my White Corning ware oval baking dish for this).
- Place all the ingredients (except raisins) in a baking dish; mix to combine.
- To speed the oven cooking time up, you can bring to a simmer on top of the stove if desired over medium heat.
- Cover with a lid and place in the oven to bake for about 2 hours (could take more or less time) stirring a couple of times while cooking.
- Add in raisins the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- *NOTE* the mixture will thicken even more after cooking.