Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another not-too-sweet breakfast recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar; stir until blended.
- In a medium bowl, place the egg yolks, cream, and butter; whisk until well mixed.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the cream mixture; whisk until well mixed and smooth.
- Heat the waffle iron.
- Brush lightly with butter if not nonstick.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then fold them gently into the batter.
- Cook until waffles are golden, about 5 minutes.
This Sweet Cream Waffles recipe was most delicious! I made these tonight but had a little snag in the recipe and didn't have heavy cream on hand so I substituted it with 2% milk to the batter instead. I also added my own spin on the recipe with adding 1/8 tsp of pure Madagascar Vanilla and a pinch of white sugar to the beaten stiff egg whites. Served it with fresh warmed Blueberries and Fresh Strawberries and a heaping dollop of whipped cream and a dashing of Confectioners sugar. All smiles all around the table with my daughter and I we will make this delicious waffles recipe again!!!
These were really good waffles, just not quite as sweet as I would have liked them to be....but that is just a personal preference. They were very easy to make and were really great with the Saskatoon syrup!!!