Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was given to me by my aunt years ago and I have been making it ever since, it was my mother's favorite kugel, it bakes out light and fluffy, you my adjust the sugar amount taste --- cooking time does not include boiling the noodles.
- 8 ounces broad egg noodles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs or 5 small eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3⁄4-1 cup golden raisin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Set oven to 350 degrees (set oven rack to middle position).
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Cook egg noodles in a pot until tender-firm, about 6-7 mins; drain and set aside.
- Place sour cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and salt in a food processor and process until blended, about 20 seconds.
- Add the eggs and butter and process until incorporated, about 5 seconds more.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the noodles in a large bowl then add the raisins and toss all together.
- Spread kugel evenly into the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl or cup combine 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon then and sprinkle on top.
- Bake center oven rack until the top is crisp and the center is firm and risen, and a tester comes out dry when inserted in the middle, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool at least 30 minutes before serving.
Wow! This really is an outstanding recipe. I made it as directed. For the 'broad egg noodles', I used noodles labeled as 'goulash noodles'.I would recommend the full cup of golden raisins. It is great to get some raisins with each forkful. The cooking time was right on 40 minutes for me.