Recipe by TiaGem
I suggest filling a holiday-appropriate container with this yummy mix and giving it as a gift or include it in a care package. It's cheap and easy to make and you could easily make more than one batch so you have plenty left to snack on!
- 1 cup whole almond
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 1 cup dried cranberries (like Craisins)
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Spread the almonds out evenly on an ungreased baking sheet and bake 7-10 minutes or until the nuts are slightly darker in color.
- Cool the almonds completely in the baking pan.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 225 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almonds, pretzels, and cranberries and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg white, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the almond combination and toss until well coated.
- Grease the baking pan and spread the mixture out evenly on it.
- Bake for 1 hour, stir every 15 minutes.
- Cool trail mix completely in the pan on a cooling rack.
- Store trail mix in an airtight container.