Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These sound really good! From Kraft Food & Family.
- 35 saltine crackers, enough to cover a cookie sheet
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (16 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 C chopped nuts
- walnuts, Peanuts, Cashews, toffee, whatever you have on hand
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Do not leave any bare spots, or cleanup will not be fun.
- Lay crackers flat in cookie sheet.
- In a medium sauce pot, melt butter and brown sugar together. Stir often.
- When it looks like a sauce:.
- Carefully pour over the crackers.
- Bake the crackers for 7 min, watching them carefully to be sure they do not get burned.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- After about 5 min, spread the chips evenly over the crackers.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- Allow them to cool, then break into pieces.
These are awesome, I make them all the time...my recipe calls for 1cup butter and 1 cup brown sugar though...YUM YUM!