Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A breakfast pasta dish
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried fig
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon turbinado sugar or 1⁄2-1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup couscous
- Warm the milk with the butter, figs, sugar, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat until small bubbles form at the rim and it just begins to approach a boil.
- Stir in the couscous; cover, and remove from heat.
- Let couscous stand for about 5 minutes; spoon into bowls and pass additional sugar at the table, along with milk, if desired.