Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Betty Crocker recipe. I love cornbread!!
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups yellow cornmeal (or can use white or blue instead)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400ºF. Grease bottom and side of round pan, 9x1 1/2 inches, or square pan, 8x8x2 inches.
- Beat milk, butter and egg in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients all at once just until flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy). Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This is another great cornbread recipe. I made mine into 11 muffins and in that way I can take them out of the freezer as needed. Made these to go along with crock-pot chili on a cold winters' night here in Michigan. Perfect.!~ Made for NewKids' on-the-Block Tag game and Potluck Tag~