1/1 Photo of Sweet Cottage Cheese Latkes
Latkes, and not just this kind, are traditionally served during the festive holiday of Chanukkah. This particular recipe was printed in the Montreal Gazette and was attributed to Jewish Holiday Feasts by Louise Fiszer and Jeannette Ferrary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat cottage cheese, egg yolks, flour, sugar, cream salt and lemon zest until smooth.
- 2Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry and fold into the cheese mixture.
- 3In a frying pan over medium high heat, heat oil until hot.
- 4Drop 2 to 3 tablespoons batter into the pan to form each latke. Fry until golden, about four minutes per side.
- 5Use more oil as needed. Drain latkes on paper towels and keep warm in a 250 degree F oven until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cottage Cheese Latkes
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.4
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.3 mg
- Sodium 64.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of