Charles Bisceglia's Note:
These delicious corn toasties are similar to the ones that used to be commercially made. Use non stick muffin-top pans for best results. I simply experimented to make this recipe
My Private Note
corn to ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups milk, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup Crisco, melted (do NOT use vegetable oil)
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dried oranges or 2 tablespoons lemons, rind of (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2Combine milk, eggs, melted Crisco and honey in a large bowl.
- 3Place cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large sifter; sift the dry ingredients into the milk mixture.
- 4Add dried peel, if used.
- 5Stir until just blended.
- 6Spray sides and bottom of MUFFIN-TOP PANS with a vegetable cooking spray.
- 7Pour a little less than 1/4-cup of the mixture into each well of the pan.
- 8Do NOT ladle too much of the batter into the wells or they will be too thick to fit into the toaster.
- 9Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 375°.
- 10Remove the corn toasties from the pan and place on paper towels to drain.
- 11Pop into a toaster when ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cornmeal Corn Toasties
Serving Size: 1 (1396 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 17.5 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.4 g