Recipe by Rita~
Not your norm for corn bread pudding, This ones got a kick with the added jalapeno,cumin and curry.
Top Review by kusum gupta
An easy to make delicious dish. I reduced the fat by not using the heavy cream and butter. Used 1 tbs of canola oil and 1/2 tsp of butter. Added evaporated milk in place of heavy cream. Could increase the vegetables.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced zucchini
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups Italian bread, cubed
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onions, peppers,& zucchini in butter and herbs in an oven safe skillet until translucent.
- Combine corn, cream, eggs, baking powder, cornmeal, Cheddar, salt, and pepper`s in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cubed bread and fold to combine.
- Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until set.
- Cool slightly before serving.