Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not your norm for corn bread pudding, This ones got a kick with the added jalapeno,cumin and curry.
Make and share this Sweet Cornbread Pudding With a Kick recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small red pepper, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced zucchini
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream-style sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 cups Italian bread, cubed
- parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onions, peppers,& zucchini in butter and herbs in an oven safe skillet until translucent.
- Combine corn, cream, eggs, baking powder, cornmeal, Cheddar, salt, and pepper`s in a large mixing bowl.
- Add cubed bread and fold to combine.
- Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan on top.
- Bake 50 minutes, or until set.
- Cool slightly before serving.
An easy to make delicious dish. I reduced the fat by not using the heavy cream and butter. Used 1 tbs of canola oil and 1/2 tsp of butter. Added evaporated milk in place of heavy cream. Could increase the vegetables.
The ingredients to this recipe are fresh and wholesome, the recipe is simplistic and well compsed. I would definetly try it.