1/1 Photo of Sweet Cornbread Muffins
From Penzey's Spices website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Spray 2 muffin tins with vegetable oil spray.
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl or saucepan, melt the butter.
- 4Whisk the egg lightly while the butter cools a bit, then add the egg, milk, and vanilla extract to the butter.
- 5Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the mixed liquid, stirring lightly until just blended. Don't over-mix because the muffins will be tough.
- 6Spoon the batter into the muffin tins. Bake at 400°F for 15-18 minutes, until the muffins have risen, are golden-brown and springy to the touch.
- 7Pop out of the tins and let cool a bit before serving.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cornbread Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (854 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.1
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 287.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g