Recipe by SnowHat
Delightful when hot, this sweet corn bread is also tasty and tender after cooling.
Top Review by mermaidmagic
This is a very nice cornbread. I used butter instead of the oil plus I also added 1/2 cup of sour cream. I cooked this in a 10 inch skillet for 25 minutes. The end result was a moist bread with good flavor. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Blend sugar and oil until creamy.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the sifted ingredients with baking powder and salt.
- Add cornmeal.
- Blend dry ingredients with the creamed mixture, alternately with milk.
- Pour into greased, floured 9x9 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.