Recipe by Mike Garcia
My favorite corn bread. Sweet just the way I like it.
Top Review by strobotron
This is a great recipe ... there are several tweaks that can be done to get even more flavor out of it: skew the flour to cornmeal ratio... it's CORNBREAD :) i make mine with only 3/4C flour and 1 1/4C cornmeal .. the extra cornmeal makes for a richer flavor ... also increased salt to 1 tsp .. and reduced oil to 1/4C perfection when made in a cast iron skillet
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, corn meal, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Combine milk, eggs, oil and butter in small bowl and mix well. Add to flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Pour into baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean.
- For corn muffins, spoon batter into muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.