Recipe by Billiebcc
This is our standby for cornbread, we use NO others. It does have a bit more sugar than normal, but it is oh so good.
Top Review by tchriste
My wife and I have been looking for a good cornbread recipe for awhile, and we have finally found it. Very moist, flavorful and just all around yummy. If we could give it six stars, we would.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, sugar,and baking powder together. Add egg, vanilla, milk and oil.
- Beat until just smooth, do not over beat!
- Pour batter into a greased 8 inch square pan or a cast iron pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.