Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A sweet and savory dish, and a divine combination of flavors! From Mario Batali in the cookbook, The Chew. Enjoy!
- 2 vidalia onions, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- 10 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced (or use Fresno peppers)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar (optional, or use honey)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- Toss the onions in 3 tbls. olive oil, and season with salt.
- Spread out on a large baking sheet and roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Trasfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Place the corn on the same baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and roast, tossing every few minutes, for 15 minutes.
- Add to the bowl with the onion, along with the remaining ingredients, and toss to combine.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.