Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a delicious and refreshing summer salad. This can be made with canned corn also (I have done this in the off season) with tasty results! Adjust oil and vinegar mixture to your tastes.
- 10 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- Cook corn in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Drain; cool to room temperature.
- Cut kernels from cobs.
- Transfer corn to large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss to blend.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper.
Perfect for using summer fresh produce! I used fresh garsen tomatoes and leftover cooked corn on the cob. I made this as written (but I reduced the oil by about half) and loved it. FRESH cilantro is a must! The flavor is light and refreshing and goes with pretty much anything. Thanx for sharing!
This is a wonderful recipe! A perfect dish when a quick side is needed for a busy day at home, or to take to a church potluck or summer picnic. It is very flavorful, and will pair well with any meat whether steak or a grilled hot dog... I did not have any red onion, so I subbed green onion in its place. This recipe also adds such vibrant color to ones plate! I will definitely be making this again Mom2Rose :) Thank you so much for sharing! Made and Reviewed for the 61st OZ/NZ Recipe Swap
We bought all the veg and fresh coriander for this at farm gates the other day. The corn was THE sweetest I've ever cooked and the tomatoes super ripe. We enjoyed this simple salad thanks. I scaled this back to serve 2-3 and there is heaps leftover (3 corn cobs etc)