1/8 Photos of Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes the Cheesecake Factory by Todd Wilbur
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I am so glad everyone loves these as much as I do! I have made a few changes to clarify how to prepare them to look like the cheesecake factory, but as everyone has found out, being pretty doesn't effect the taste! Thank you again everyone!! I know this seems like a really hard recipe but it really isnt, alot of the ingriedients are used more than once. I usually make it by hand without a blender, and I consider it a just cause, a blender would make it even more of a snap! This is a copycat of The Cheesecake factory appetizer which is heavenly! I garauntee that you will enjoy it. I found it online and in a weird place so I figure putting it here is only the right thing to do. Please try it :) I put 4 servings, its enough calories to feed 8 but really only enough to share greedily with 2. LOL
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tomatillos, diced
- 4 ounces mild green chilies, drained and diced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
For Tomato Salsa
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 small jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
For Southwestern Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup corn masa harina flour (corn flour)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Prepare salsa verde by combining all prepared ingredients. Chill.
- 2Prepare tomato salsa by combining all prepared ingredients. Chill.
- 3Prepare southwestern sauce by combining all ingredients. Chill.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5Prepare the tamale cakes by chopping 1 cup of the frozen corn in a food processor until it's coarsely pureed. Combine pureed corn with softened butter, sugar, and salt. Blend well.
- 6Add masa and flour and blend well. Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of frozen corn kernels by hand.
- 7Measure 1/2 cup portions of the mixture and form it into 3" wide patties with your hands. Arrange the patties on a baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the cakes are browned on the bottom.
- 8Carefully flip all cakes with a spatula and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until other side is browned.
- 9Assembly: Place all three cakes on a warmed serving platter. Dollop each with one of the three sauces. Garnish with diced avocado, cilantro and a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes the Cheesecake Factory by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 609.6
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 1034.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g