1/4 Photos of Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes
1 hr 7 mins
Happy Hippie's Note:
This is a copycat recipe from the Cheesecake Factory. It is a "Top Secret Restaurant Recipes" authored by Todd Wilbur. I haven't made this yet, but it sounds very good. I think this will be a very easy recipe to prepare. Don't be intimidated by the long list of ingredients. there are three simple sauces that are part of this recipe. If you try this before I do, please review it and let me know how it turned out. Prep time is a guesstimation.
My Private Note
Corn Ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tomatillos, chopped (remove papery skin)
- 4 ounces mild green chilies
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon Spanish onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, fresh minced
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 jalapeno, small minced
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups corn, sweet frozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup masa harina (corn flour)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1Prepare SALSA VERDE by combining all ingredients in a food processor on high speed. Cover and chill.
- 2Prepare TOMATO SALSA by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- 3Prepare SOUTHWESTERN SAUCE by combining all ingredients is a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- 4Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 5For the TAMALE CAKES coarsely puree 1 cup of the frozen corn in a food processor.
- 6Combine pureed corn with softened butter, sugar and salt.
- 7Blend well with electric mixer until smooth.
- 8Add masa and flour and blend well.
- 9Mix in the remaining 1/2 cup of frozen corn by hand.
- 10Measure 1/2 cup portions and form into 3-inch patties.
- 11arrange patties on a baking sheet and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cakes are browned on the bottom.
- 12Carefully flip cakes with a spatula and bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until other side is browned.
- 13While the cakes are baking, spoon some Salsa Verde onto a platter.
- 14Coat the entire plate with about 1/4 in of the salsa.
- 15Arrange the Tamale Cakes on the Salsa Verde.
- 16Spoon a dollop of sour cream on to each cake.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Corn Tamale Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 569.4
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.1 mg
- Sodium 843.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 5.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: