Recipe by Stardustannie
A quick and easy soup made with ingredients usually found in the pantry/fridge. Can also be wizzed up in the microwave.
Top Review by benshome
Very tasty soup and not too complicated. I used fresh corn and about 1.5 cup of leftover mashed potatoes, used croutons for garnish instead of corn chips, but otherwise followed the recipe. It was a hit. Thank you for sharing this!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (150g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock (made from cubes is fine)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 310 g canned creamed corn
- 1 medium potato, chopped coarsely (200g)
- 1⁄4 cup cream (optional)
- white pepper
- 50 g plain corn chips (optional)
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the stock, creamed corn and potato.Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- Blend or process the soup until smooth adding white pepper to taste. Return the soup to the same pan then stir in the remaining corn and cream. Stir over a low heat until corn is tender.
- Serve soup topped with crumbled corn chips, pepper and chives.