1/8 Photos of Sweet Corn Soup
A quick and easy soup made with ingredients usually found in the pantry/fridge. Can also be wizzed up in the microwave.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (150g)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 cups chicken stock (made from cubes is fine)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 310 g canned creamed corn
- 1 medium potato, chopped coarsely (200g)
- 1/4 cup cream (optional)
- white pepper
- 50 g plain corn chips (optional)
- ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, over a medium heat until soft.
- 2Add the stock, creamed corn and potato.Bring to the boil then simmer, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until the potato is soft.
- 3Blend or process the soup until smooth adding white pepper to taste. Return the soup to the same pan then stir in the remaining corn and cream. Stir over a low heat until corn is tender.
- 4Serve soup topped with crumbled corn chips, pepper and chives.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (514 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 570.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 7.9 g
- Protein 10.1 g