Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found through Pinterest: http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2012/04/sweet-corn-risotto/ .... Placed here for safe keeping :)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large shallots, chopped
- 3 cups sweet corn, fresh
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup sauvignon blanc wine
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 4 ounces romano cheese, grated (parmesan)
- 4 tablespoons parsley, minced
- salt and pepper
- In a large french oven, or heavy bottomed pot, over medium-high heat melt 6 tablespoons butter. Add olive oil and garlic, stirring until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shallots and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add corn and arborio rice, stirring constantly, until the edges of the rice are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add wine, stirring constantly, until almost completely absorbed, 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup chicken stock, stirring constantly, until the stock has been absorbed. Continue adding stock, 1 cup at a time, stirring the risotto until the stock is absorbed before adding more. The risotto is done when the rice is tender.
- Stir in the romano cheese, parsley and the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately!