Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
After eating at Chevy's, I knew I had to have the recipe for that little scoop of sweet corn relish stuff that would accompany your meal (tomalito?). I have been searching far and wide (online) and the only recipe that even comes close to sounding like it would work uses corn flour. I cannot get that where I shop, but I always have Jiffy corn muffin mix in my pantry! So...this is my version using good ole Jiffy.
- Place frozen corn kernels into a food processor and add the water.
- Use the pulse function to break up the corn a bit (approximately 10 times or so). The idea is to not have a bunch of whole kernels in the final product.
- Add the softened butter and sugar. Pulsate a few more times until combined.
- Transfer this corn mixture into a large bowl.
- Add the Jiffy mix and stir until combined. (Mixture will not look smooth and creamy like cake batter. It will have texture.).
- Transfer to an oiled (use nonstick spray) 8"x8" casserole baking dish.
- Bake at 350 F until set and starts to brown slightly around edges-about 50-60 minutes. (My first attempt took longer to set because I used too small of a baking dish. Make sure and check on it every once in a while.).