Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This salsa has been a hit at several of our BBQs. Our friends have said they've never had anything like it before and it was devoured! We typically roast the corn for this recipe on the outdoor grill. From the Black Dog Tavern's Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook.
- 4 ears freshly picked corn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- Cut the kernels from the fresh corn ears. (Grill older ears for 3-5 minutes, or put them under the broiler for 10-15 mins).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors develop.
This is good! I cut the recipe in half to try it but accidentally forgot to reduce the jalepeno. Still it wasn't too hot but very tasty. Thank you for posting!
I can't believe I have not rated this yet. I have been using this for years and I love love love it!! Goes great with our turkey burgers! Its so easy and so healthy! I don't change any ingredients and it always comes out perfect! It is so nice to have a recipe that tastes great and does not have any salt in it!! Thanks!
Yummy alternative recipe to cheesy corn dishes. Fresh and delicious. I had basil, so I used it in place of the cilantro. I bet it will taste even better tomorrow too. Great, easy recipe.