Recipe by Dr. Jenny
This salsa has been a hit at several of our BBQs. Our friends have said they've never had anything like it before and it was devoured! We typically roast the corn for this recipe on the outdoor grill. From the Black Dog Tavern's Summer on the Vineyard Cookbook.
- 4 ears freshly picked corn
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the kernels from the fresh corn ears. (Grill older ears for 3-5 minutes, or put them under the broiler for 10-15 mins).
- Mix all the ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to let the flavors develop.