Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
i love corn so i have to put this one in so i can have it in my menu. Tip: The pasta bake can be made to end of step 3, then covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Remove from fridge and stand for 10 minutes before baking.
- 400 g penne pasta
- 78.07 ml light cream cheese
- 2 (840 g) cans creamed corn
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 300 g shaved chicken, roughly chopped
- 78.07 ml grated light tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180°C Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta and reserved water to saucepan with cream cheese, corn, green onions and chicken. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted and ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a 12-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook for a further 10 minutes or until top is golden.
This is really good, has all the things that we eat most often! Made as is and topped with a combo of parmesan and ramano cheese. We have tons of leftovers (probably because our family of 4 is 2 adults, a 4yr old and a 1yr old) so DH will eat well for lunch next week. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag March 2010.