Recipe by Sonya01
i love corn so i have to put this one in so i can have it in my menu. Tip: The pasta bake can be made to end of step 3, then covered and refrigerated for up to 2 days. Remove from fridge and stand for 10 minutes before baking.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This is really good, has all the things that we eat most often! Made as is and topped with a combo of parmesan and ramano cheese. We have tons of leftovers (probably because our family of 4 is 2 adults, a 4yr old and a 1yr old) so DH will eat well for lunch next week. Made for Everyday is a Holiday Tag March 2010.
- 400 g penne pasta
- 78.07 ml light cream cheese
- 2 (840 g) cans creamed corn
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 300 g shaved chicken, roughly chopped
- 78.07 ml grated light tasty cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water. Return pasta and reserved water to saucepan with cream cheese, corn, green onions and chicken. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 3 minutes or until cheese has melted and ingredients are combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into a 12-cup capacity ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook for a further 10 minutes or until top is golden.